1. MADE4Y AND THE SITE
MADE4Y AB, corporate no. 559292-4590, M4Y Sweden AB Östra Varvsgatan 4, 211 75 Malmö, ("MADE4Y", "we" or "us") is the data controller for the processing of your personal data.
2. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
2.1 What personal data do we collect and from where?
2.1.1 Customers, subscribers, customer club members, MADE4Y+ and competition participants
On the Website, you can purchase goods and services directly from MADE4Y and/or from MADE4Y's Partners who have chosen to sell their goods and services via the Website. When you buy something on the Website, you enter into an agreement with MADE4Y or with one of MADE4Y's Collaboration Partners. In order for us to be able to administer your purchases and fulfill our commitments to you as a customer, it is necessary for us to process the personal data that you provide or have provided to us.
The personal data that MADE4Y collects and processes may, depending on the context, include:
- social security number;
- name and contact information, including address, mobile number and email address;
- delivery and billing information, payment and credit card numbers, and other information that you provide in connection with the purchase or delivery of a product or service;
- username and password to our services;
- purchase, payment and order history;
- other information relevant to customer surveys, advertisements or offers;
- other user-generated information that you actively choose to share through our website or through other contact with us; and or
- IP address.
Collection of your personal data can take place from the following sources:
- the website , e.g. when you order a product or service, choose to subscribe to our newsletter, participate in one of our competitions or when you contact us by email;
- our collaboration partners ;
- through an agreement or other business contact if you are a contact person for one of our contractual partners; or
- through cookies (see more under section 5 "About Cookies and other similar technologies" below).
2.2 Why do we process your personal data?
MADE4Y processes customers' personal data within the framework of the purposes and with the support of the legal grounds stated below.
- Fulfillment of purchase agreements : We process your personal data to fulfill your purchase of goods and services, to deliver these, to carry out payment and to give you access to the Website and the services that MADE4Y provides there, e.g. our customer service.
- Fulfill legal obligation : We process your personal data to fulfill legal obligations due to legal requirements, judgments or authority decisions, such as requirements in the Accounting Act and in the Product Liability Act. This means e.g. that we save invoice documents according to current accounting rules and purchase history so that you can claim a purchase.
Legitimate interest :
- We process your personal data in order to provide, implement, develop and improve MADE4Y's services for our customers. For this purpose, we analyze the personal data that we collect from our customers (eg age and purchase history) and sort customers into different segments in order to perform analyzes on an aggregated level and for statistical purposes. We do not carry out any analysis of your personal data on an individual level.
- We process your purchase history and your email address to send you relevant offers regarding similar products. You can always object to this processing, see more about this under the section Your rights below.
MADE4Y processes your personal data for the purpose of sending MADE4Y's newsletter in the manner specified below.
Fulfillment of agreements: We process your personal data to send you newsletters with personalized offers, discount codes and information about relevant campaigns from MADE4Y and our Collaboration Partners. For this purpose, we analyze your personal data on an aggregated level.
2.2.3 Members of MADE4Y's customer club
The purpose of being a member of MADE4Y's customer club is for you to receive personalized offers, selected general member offers and a customized shopping experience. This means that we will ensure that you receive customized news, invitations to campaigns and events and product recommendations and for this purpose we process your personal data. We usually communicate with our members via e-mail, SMS and on the Website, but we may also communicate with you as a member by letter. Therefore, it is important that you, as a member, keep your personal information that is entered on My Pages up to date. You can log in to My pages at any time and update your contact details.
MADE4Y processes your personal data within the framework of the customer club for the purposes and with the support of the legal grounds stated below.
Fulfillment of membership agreement:
- We process your personal data to establish your member account on My Pages and create your user details, to ensure that you are a private person and over 18 years of age, to provide you with the possibility to view your order and purchase history and to manage your settings and choices. We also need to process your personal data so that you can save products in the shopping cart and on your wish list.
- We process your social security number to update your address information, to ensure that any documents of value are sent to the right person and to be able to maintain good customer and register care.
- We process your personal data to send you newsletters with personalized offers, discount codes and information about relevant campaigns from MADE4Y and our Partners. For this purpose, we analyze your personal data on an aggregated level.
- Personalized Products: MADE4Y provides “Personalized Products” offers in its email mailings that correspond to what appears on the Website under “You May Also Like” and “Recommended for You”. For this purpose, we analyze your purchase and click history, what you put in your shopping cart, age, place of residence and other choices you have made on the Website so that MADE4Y can offer you relevant products. The analysis is mainly done on an aggregated level but can also be done on an individual level in order to be able to provide even better and personalized offers created just for you.
- Legitimate interest: We have an interest in being able to evaluate, develop and improve our services and the Website in order to be able to offer our members the best possible experience and to be able to offer service on the Website. We will therefore compile our members' personal data on an aggregated level in order to develop the customer club and the Website.
2.2.5 Competition participants
MADE4Y processes your personal data if you participate in a competition organized by MADE4Y for the purpose and legal basis set out below.
- Consent: We process your personal data in order to administer the competition, which means selecting winners and communicating the winnings. We will also check the winner's age.
- Legitimate interest: If you contact MADE4Y's customer service with questions or comments regarding a competition, MADE4Y will process your personal data in order to complete the contact with you.
2.3 Storage of personal data
MADE4Y takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is processed and stored securely. Your personal data is never saved longer than is permitted by applicable law or to achieve the purposes stated above. Your personal data is processed by us during the time periods below, after which the personal data is deleted.
- Customers : If you have purchased an item on our Website, your personal data (name, social security number, address, telephone number, e-mail and payment and delivery information) provided in connection with ordering goods and services will be saved for two years or as long as required for that MADE4Y or our Collaborators will be able to fulfill the agreement with you. This includes processing to fulfill delivery or service commitments. This does not apply if we need to save your personal data any longer due to any of the points below.
- Subscribers: If you have signed up as a subscriber to MADE4Y's newsletter, your personal data will be saved until you unregister from receiving the newsletter.
- Club members: If you have registered as a member of MADE4Y's customer club, your personal data will be saved until you deregister, but no later than three years after the last activity if MADE4Y does not need the data for another reason as described below.
- Competition participants: If you have consented to MADE4Y processing your personal data in connection with competition participation, we will save your personal data for as long as is necessary to administer the competition. When we no longer need the personal data to administer the competition, it will be deleted. You can withdraw your consent to participate in the competition at any time by contacting MADE4Y's customer service.
- Communication : If you have contact with MADE4Y, for example via e-mail with customer service, your personal data is stored for as long as is necessary to complete the contact.
- Legal obligation : MADE4Y saves your personal data (contact details, customer club information, purchase history, payment details and your contacts with customer service) for as long as we are obliged to according to the applicable law or authority decision.
- Direct marketing : We may process your personal data for direct marketing for up to two years after the end of the customer relationship, provided that you do not opt out of such direct marketing before then.
When MADE4Y no longer has reason to process your personal data or if you withdraw your consent, your personal data will be deleted.
2.4 Transfer of personal data
2.4.1 Customers, subscribers and customer club members
Information about our customers is an important part of MADE4Y's business and we do not sell the information to anyone else. We only pass on the information in accordance with what is described below. MADE4Y always takes the utmost care when transferring your personal data.
- Business transactions: If all or part of MADE4Y's business is sold or integrated with another business, your personal data may be disclosed to our advisors, any buyer and their advisor, and passed on to the new owner of the business.
- Cookies and other similar technologies: If you allow cookies and other similar technologies when you visit our Website and make purchases or are a member of our customer club, the information we collect about how you use the Website may be collected using cookies and other similar technologies technician. If you are a customer, this information may be used for customer segmentation and, if you are also a customer club member, for marketing and advertising on the Website. For the purposes stated above in points 2.2.1–2.2.3, this information is shared with our partners for social media, advertising and analysis.
MADE4Y may transfer personal data to third countries. For more information on which security measures are taken during such transfer, we refer to section 4.
3. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to request information free of charge about which personal data we have registered about you and how this is used. If you want such information, you can contact us according to the contact details below. In order to protect your integrity and your personal data, we may require you to identify yourself in connection with our assistance.
MADE4Y wants to ensure that your personal data is correct and up-to-date. Therefore, you can change your personal data at any time on My pages if you are a member of our customer club or have registered an account, otherwise you are welcome to contact our customer service.
You can request at any time that we delete personal data concerning you or that we delete your user account on the Website. MADE4Y will then delete the relevant personal data if they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed. MADE4Y will also do this when you withdraw your consent to the processing. In addition, you have the right to request that MADE4Y transfer your personal data to another personal data controller in electronic format.
You can file a complaint with the Swedish Privacy Protection Authority if you believe that MADE4Y's processing of your personal data is not in accordance with applicable law.
We are keen that your personal data is processed securely. To prevent unauthorized use or exposure of your personal data, we use appropriate and reasonable physical, technical and organizational security measures in relation to the amount and sensitivity of personal data, to ensure an appropriate level of security.
MADE4Y also uses e.g. of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) which is a protocol for the secure transmission of data via the Internet (or other networks). As a customer, you need to check that SSL is not turned off in the settings of your browser. In order to prevent unauthorized access when processing your debit or credit card number, one-way encryption is also used.
4.1 Transfer to countries outside the EU/EEA
In cases where MADE4Y uses, or will use, subcontractors or cooperates with partners established outside the EU/EEA area, MADE4Y is responsible for ensuring that these actors can guarantee a level of security equivalent to that maintained within the EU.
In order to ensure adequate protection for your personal data during transfers to countries outside the EU/EEA when there is no decision on an adequate level of protection from the European Commission, MADE4Y has, where applicable, entered into agreements with the respective recipients of personal data containing standard contractual clauses decided and approved by the European Commission, including but not limited to the standard clauses decided by Commission Decision 2001/497/EC, 2004/915/EC or 2010/87/EU.
In addition, MADE4Y takes, when the level of protection in the recipient country cannot be considered equivalent to that within the EU/EEA, additional protection measures such as, for example, pseudonymisation, IP anonymisation and encryption. Additional information can be obtained through our customer service or our data protection representative via the contact details below.
5. ABOUT COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR TECHNIQUES
In order to be able to deliver our services with the highest possible quality, MADE4Y uses so-called cookies and similar technical means of storage on the Website.
Here you can read MADE4Y's policy for cookies and similar technical storage devices, which provides more information about which cookies and pixels are on the Website, who places them and what they are used for.
6. CHANGES IN THE INTEGRITY POLICY
If the changes concern such personal data processing that we carry out based on your consent, we will give you the opportunity to give your consent again.
2020-09-18: Change due to new requirements regarding transfers of personal data to areas outside the EU/EEA.
2021-01-15: Supplementary changes due to new requirements regarding transfers of personal data to areas outside the EU/EEA.
7. CONTACT DETAILS
Data Protection Officer